Saturday, November 12, 2005

Horse dog

My other favorite dog story is about our neighbor's Great Dane.

I was probably 11 and coming home by myself after school frequently. But, because it was me, I often forgot my key. This day was one such day. I was busy trying to dig through my bag when this MONSTER of an animal comes galloping across the street straight for me. I drop my bag and frantically pound on my front door hoping someone's home. About that time, horse dog jumps up and squishes me between the screen door and the front door. I couldn't even turn around because of the pressure on my back.

I don't know how long I was there... minutes? days? In any case, the neighbor-with-the-holey-fence finally heeds my loud screaming and runs across the street to fetch "Susie."

"Don't worry, hon. Susie's the sweetest puppy."

Puppy? After glaring at the neighbor who named their huge dog, 'Susie,' I peeled myself off the door and nervously patted Susie's head. In return, Susie leaned down an licked my cheek with her humongous tongue. Ok, so she didn't lean down, but she didn't have to reach up either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home